504 DEMOCRATIC CLUB ENDORSES JOYCE JOHNSON FOR CONGRESS TODAY Club President cites Johnson’s commitment to helping New York’s disabled communities For Immediate Release June 25, 2012 — New York, NY — Today the 504 Democratic Club, which represents the needs and interests of New Yorkers with disabilities, announced that it is endorsing Joyce Johnson for [...]
I am ready to take on the challenges of uniting our district, fighting for equality, better jobs and a stronger community. Our collective futures are at stake. Let me show you why. Today’s DNAInfo feature on my campaign provides a glimpse into why I’ve chosen to run for Congress. I believe that you deserve better [...]
The following appeared today in New York Press: Promoting equal pay for women is a priority for Johnson, and she said that voters in her district are especially affected by pay disparity, as so many women are supporting their families on one paycheck. She also said she’s well accustomed to fighting for women’s rights—she had [...]
Yesterday the US Labor Department released the latest economic figures highlighting the staggering inequality that exists for African American New Yorkers today. Since the start of the recession in 2008 this group has experienced the sharpest declines in employment opportunity, which has no doubt added further hardship to families and communities already struggling under the [...]
The following is a statement from Joyce Johnson on yesterday’s defeat of the Paycheck Fairness Act (PFA): “I am deeply disappointed by yesterday’s defeat in the Senate of the Paycheck Fairness Act, which would have effectively helped to close the gender wage gap and protect women and people of color from unfair and unequal workplace [...]
Dear Friends, Memorial Day is a time to honor the many servicemen and women who gave their lives safeguarding our nation, as well as to thank and show appreciation for our injured soldiers who are still healing and transitioning back into every day life. As we commemorate their noble service to our country, we cannot [...]
There are just 34 days left until the June 26th Congressional Primary and Joyce needs your help! Will you join our journey for progress in Upper Manhattan by making a donation of $10 or more today? You can do so by clicking here. The reality is that our current leadership model just isn’t working, and [...]
Over the last several months Joyce has been working diligently to petition voters and deliver on her promise to bring real progress to the 13th Congressional District. Now we need all hands on deck to ensure maximal participation in this historic race — especially with the June 1st voter registration deadline just around the corner [...]
Yesterday Joyce sat down with Inside City Hall’s Errol Louis to talk about her Congressional campaign and why she is the best person to lead and serve NY’s 13th District. In case you missed it, click on the image below to be directed to the full video. Joyce will also appear on Manhattan Neighborhood Network’s [...]
Did you miss Joyce in last week’s televised WABC-7 forum? Hosted by Diana Williams, it was the first time that candidates running in the 13th Congressional District race appeared together to present their policy agendas (with the notable exception of Rep. Rangel and Sen. Espaillat who declined to participate). Well look no further; check out the [...]
Connect with Joyce
- Joyce earns 504 Democratic Club endorsement June 25, 2012
- Debate congresional del Distrito 13 (versión en inglés) June 22, 2012
- I am ready June 22, 2012
- Johnson makes 2nd run at Congressional Seat June 22, 2012
- Rangel faces tough primary challenge June 21, 2012
- Running Against The Establishment Ain’t Easy September 11, 2010
- Joyce Johnson Statement on Defeat of the Paycheck Fairness Act June 6, 2012
- We’ve got something great going here April 4, 2012
- The Gender Crisis in Politics March 26, 2012
- Women Equality in Politics and U.S. Congress March 22, 2012
- All 13th District Candidates, Except Rangel, To Participate in Tonight’s Debate : Norwood News: [...] district. The others challenging Rangel R...
- Nakia: As a Payroll and Compliance professional I come ac...
- A message to our supporters | Joyce Johnson for Congress 2012: [...] Volunteer [...]...
- Tweets that mention Joyce Johnson for Congress – Running Against The Establishment Ain’t Easy -- Topsy.com: [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Michae...