504 DEMOCRATIC CLUB ENDORSES JOYCE JOHNSON FOR CONGRESS TODAY Club President cites Johnson’s commitment to helping New York’s disabled communities For Immediate Release June 25, 2012 — New York, NY — Today the 504 Democratic Club, which represents the needs and interests of New Yorkers with disabilities, announced that it is endorsing Joyce Johnson for [...]
“Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.” — Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Dear Supporters, From Harlem and Washington Heights to El Barrio and Kingsbridge, many people are not only speaking up about the urgent need for change — they are giving their time to make it happen. In that same spirit, we would [...]
To all of my amazing, dedicated supporters: Thank you. Because of your support, I am proud to say that our campaign has successfully made the ballot. The race for the future of New York’s 13th Congressional District is officially on! Thousands of you stood up for a better leadership option, and rejected the opposition’s attempt to [...]
Today in Capital Tonight: Joyce Johnson, a longtime civil rights/women’s rights advocate and former executive who was one of five Democrats to unsuccessfully challenge Rep. Charlie Rangel last year, has formally decided to make a second attempt at unseating the veteran Harlem congressman, and just announced her campaign via a statement on the Huffington Post. [...]
Today from Joyce in the Huffington Post: I’m running for Congress again in 2012 because I continue to believe what I did then: that a brighter future is possible for all of us when we work together and have strong, efficient leaders in place to support us. We need leaders that understand the value of [...]
Today in the NY Daily News: Johnson said she decided to jump into the race for the re-drawn 13th CD because she was tired of “lackluster leadership focused on catering to the self-interests of a small constituency,” she said in a press statement. She had tried to unseat Rangel in 2010, and though she failed, [...]
Today in Politicker: Joyce Johnson, a former business executive and Democratic district leader, officially added her name to the mix of contenders hoping todethrone Charlie Rangel in blog posted on the Huffington Post today. Ms. Johnson is making her second attempt at the seat Mr. Rangel has held since 1970. In 2010 she garnered the [...]
Connect with Joyce
- Joyce earns 504 Democratic Club endorsement June 25, 2012
- Debate congresional del Distrito 13 (versión en inglés) June 22, 2012
- I am ready June 22, 2012
- Johnson makes 2nd run at Congressional Seat June 22, 2012
- Rangel faces tough primary challenge June 21, 2012
- Running Against The Establishment Ain’t Easy September 11, 2010
- Joyce Johnson Statement on Defeat of the Paycheck Fairness Act June 6, 2012
- We’ve got something great going here April 4, 2012
- The Gender Crisis in Politics March 26, 2012
- Women Equality in Politics and U.S. Congress March 22, 2012
- All 13th District Candidates, Except Rangel, To Participate in Tonight’s Debate : Norwood News: [...] district. The others challenging Rangel R...
- Nakia: As a Payroll and Compliance professional I come ac...
- A message to our supporters | Joyce Johnson for Congress 2012: [...] Volunteer [...]...
- Tweets that mention Joyce Johnson for Congress – Running Against The Establishment Ain’t Easy -- Topsy.com: [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Michae...