The following is a statement from Joyce Johnson on yesterday’s defeat of the Paycheck Fairness Act (PFA): “I am deeply disappointed by yesterday’s defeat in the Senate of the Paycheck Fairness Act, which would have effectively helped to close the gender wage gap and protect women and people of color from unfair and unequal workplace [...]
“Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one’s own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.” — JFK I wholeheartedly commend President Obama for declaring his full support yesterday of every Americans’ right to marry whomever they choose. Every now and again we are afforded the chance to witness such a powerful [...]
Today I join Americans across the country in calling upon state leaders to oppose the disenfranchisement of families and communities, and reject the appalling offer by Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) to privatize state prison systems. Preying upon human beings for profit, regardless of their transgressions, is an outrageous affront to how our criminal justice [...]
2012 Congressional Candidate Joyce Johnson on President Obama’s Declaration of April 17 as National Equal Pay Day New York, NY – ”I applaud President Obama for officially declaring today,April 17 ’Equal Pay Day,‘ a day on which we champion the fundamental right of all women to fair and equal compensation in the workplace. Even in the 21st Century achieving equal pay [...]
Today in Union Square, hundreds of New Yorkers gathered in a demonstration to demand justice for 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, who was tragically shot and killed last month in Sanford, Fl. The following is a statement from Joyce on the protest and the events surrounding it: I stand in solidarity with the family of Trayvon Martin [...]
Connect with Joyce
- Joyce earns 504 Democratic Club endorsement June 25, 2012
- Debate congresional del Distrito 13 (versión en inglés) June 22, 2012
- I am ready June 22, 2012
- Johnson makes 2nd run at Congressional Seat June 22, 2012
- Rangel faces tough primary challenge June 21, 2012
- Running Against The Establishment Ain’t Easy September 11, 2010
- Joyce Johnson Statement on Defeat of the Paycheck Fairness Act June 6, 2012
- We’ve got something great going here April 4, 2012
- The Gender Crisis in Politics March 26, 2012
- Women Equality in Politics and U.S. Congress March 22, 2012
- All 13th District Candidates, Except Rangel, To Participate in Tonight’s Debate : Norwood News: [...] district. The others challenging Rangel R...
- Nakia: As a Payroll and Compliance professional I come ac...
- A message to our supporters | Joyce Johnson for Congress 2012: [...] Volunteer [...]...
- Tweets that mention Joyce Johnson for Congress – Running Against The Establishment Ain’t Easy -- Topsy.com: [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Michae...