Yesterday the US Labor Department released the latest economic figures highlighting the staggering inequality that exists for African American New Yorkers today. Since the start of the recession in 2008 this group has experienced the sharpest declines in employment opportunity, which has no doubt added further hardship to families and communities already struggling under the [...]
There are just 34 days left until the June 26th Congressional Primary and Joyce needs your help! Will you join our journey for progress in Upper Manhattan by making a donation of $10 or more today? You can do so by clicking here. The reality is that our current leadership model just isn’t working, and [...]
Over the last several months Joyce has been working diligently to petition voters and deliver on her promise to bring real progress to the 13th Congressional District. Now we need all hands on deck to ensure maximal participation in this historic race — especially with the June 1st voter registration deadline just around the corner [...]
“Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one’s own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.” — JFK I wholeheartedly commend President Obama for declaring his full support yesterday of every Americans’ right to marry whomever they choose. Every now and again we are afforded the chance to witness such a powerful [...]
“Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.” — Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Dear Supporters, From Harlem and Washington Heights to El Barrio and Kingsbridge, many people are not only speaking up about the urgent need for change — they are giving their time to make it happen. In that same spirit, we would [...]
Recently Joyce had the chance to sit down with popular blog The Loop 21 for a Q&A about her background, Congressional platform, and readiness to serve NY’s 13th C.D. on Capitol Hill. Here’s a peek: “I come from a political family. My dad was the first black elected to public office in Poughkeepsie as [...]
To all of my amazing, dedicated supporters: Thank you. Because of your support, I am proud to say that our campaign has successfully made the ballot. The race for the future of New York’s 13th Congressional District is officially on! Thousands of you stood up for a better leadership option, and rejected the opposition’s attempt to [...]
The environment is unequivocally our most precious treasure, and how we treat it is critical to sustainable global health. That is why people across the world are celebrating “Earth Day” today to spread awareness about the critical challenges facing our environment, and lifting up solutions for creating a healthier planet in which all living things [...]
Today I join Americans across the country in calling upon state leaders to oppose the disenfranchisement of families and communities, and reject the appalling offer by Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) to privatize state prison systems. Preying upon human beings for profit, regardless of their transgressions, is an outrageous affront to how our criminal justice [...]
I applaud President Obama for officially declaring today, April 17 ’Equal Pay Day,‘ a day on which we champion the fundamental right of all women to fair and equal compensation in the workplace. Even in the 21st Century achieving equal pay for equal work remains an uphill battle: on average women make a mere $0.77 to the dollar that a [...]
Connect with Joyce
- Joyce earns 504 Democratic Club endorsement June 25, 2012
- Debate congresional del Distrito 13 (versión en inglés) June 22, 2012
- I am ready June 22, 2012
- Johnson makes 2nd run at Congressional Seat June 22, 2012
- Rangel faces tough primary challenge June 21, 2012
- Running Against The Establishment Ain’t Easy September 11, 2010
- Joyce Johnson Statement on Defeat of the Paycheck Fairness Act June 6, 2012
- We’ve got something great going here April 4, 2012
- The Gender Crisis in Politics March 26, 2012
- Women Equality in Politics and U.S. Congress March 22, 2012
- All 13th District Candidates, Except Rangel, To Participate in Tonight’s Debate : Norwood News: [...] district. The others challenging Rangel R...
- Nakia: As a Payroll and Compliance professional I come ac...
- A message to our supporters | Joyce Johnson for Congress 2012: [...] Volunteer [...]...
- Tweets that mention Joyce Johnson for Congress – Running Against The Establishment Ain’t Easy -- Topsy.com: [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Michae...