The following story appeared today in DNA Info: It’s not easy to get New Yorkers’ attention, and at a subway station at 5 p.m. on a gorgeous Friday afternoon, it’s nearly impossible. But that’s what Joyce Johnson, a candidate for the 13th Congressional District seat, did last week. Standing outside of the train station at [...]
The following debate, sponsored by BronxNet, the Riverdale Press and Norwood News aired tonight on BronxTalk with Gary Axelbank:
Yesterday Joyce sat down with Inside City Hall’s Errol Louis to talk about her Congressional campaign and why she is the best person to lead and serve NY’s 13th District. In case you missed it, click on the image below to be directed to the full video. Joyce will also appear on Manhattan Neighborhood Network’s [...]
Did you miss Joyce in last week’s televised WABC-7 forum? Hosted by Diana Williams, it was the first time that candidates running in the 13th Congressional District race appeared together to present their policy agendas (with the notable exception of Rep. Rangel and Sen. Espaillat who declined to participate). Well look no further; check out the [...]
Recently Joyce had the chance to sit down with popular blog The Loop 21 for a Q&A about her background, Congressional platform, and readiness to serve NY’s 13th C.D. on Capitol Hill. Here’s a peek: “I come from a political family. My dad was the first black elected to public office in Poughkeepsie as [...]
This week in The Loop 21: I come from a political family. My dad was the first black elected to public office in Poughkeepsie as a council member in ’68. My parents were steeped in community, and started the Poughkeepsie Voter’s League. In their 30s, I watched these young folks take their lead in community [...]
Today in the Columbia Daily Observer: Joyce Johnson, a former local Democratic district leader, is running again after coming in third to Rangel and Adam Clayton Powell IV in the 2010 primary. That year, only 18 percent of voters turned out for the primary. Johnson said she was even more concerned by turnout this year, [...]
Connect with Joyce
- Joyce earns 504 Democratic Club endorsement June 25, 2012
- Debate congresional del Distrito 13 (versión en inglés) June 22, 2012
- I am ready June 22, 2012
- Johnson makes 2nd run at Congressional Seat June 22, 2012
- Rangel faces tough primary challenge June 21, 2012
- Running Against The Establishment Ain’t Easy September 11, 2010
- Joyce Johnson Statement on Defeat of the Paycheck Fairness Act June 6, 2012
- We’ve got something great going here April 4, 2012
- The Gender Crisis in Politics March 26, 2012
- Women Equality in Politics and U.S. Congress March 22, 2012
- All 13th District Candidates, Except Rangel, To Participate in Tonight’s Debate : Norwood News: [...] district. The others challenging Rangel R...
- Nakia: As a Payroll and Compliance professional I come ac...
- A message to our supporters | Joyce Johnson for Congress 2012: [...] Volunteer [...]...
- Tweets that mention Joyce Johnson for Congress – Running Against The Establishment Ain’t Easy -- Topsy.com: [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Michae...